Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Karate

These are a few pictures from my karate class. My dad is in the class with me, but he is currently on the DL (disabled list) and can't participate, so he took pictures. This was at the beginning of August when I got my orange belt. This is our instructor, Mr. Vandiver, he is a great person (and instructor).
Me, warming up with a few kicks. Please do not pay attention to the look on my face... I was sick with allergy and sinus stuff. I felt awful and couldn't breathe which is the reason my mouth is open in almost every picture.
Throwing some round house kicks...
Sometimes we get tortured and have to do things like wall sits or sprints.The rest of the pictures are from my test, I had to do three katas in front of everyone, first basic, second basic, and pinan nidan.I am taking a class this semester and it interferes with karate. I am not happy about having to miss one class a week, hopefully next semester I will be able get back.

No comments: