Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 25, 2009

My new hobby...

My grandmother taught me how to crochet many (at least 10) years ago, but I never really did much with it. Right around Christmas I had the urge to start again. I know four pregnant people so I though I would learn to make some cute baby stuff!

Since 10 years ago was a looong time ago, I didn't remember how to do it. I got on YouTube and watched a couple of videos and it slowly started coming back. I started out with a scarf (for an adult) and forgot to take a picture of it before I gave it away... it really wasn't anything special, just red and black stripes.

Then I got a little braver and decided to make a hat for my nephew due in February!

After I successfully made a simple hat I decided to make one for Allison's friend's little girl. Her 1st birthday is February 8th.
Picture stollen (borrowed :) ) from Sara, Samantha Jane the birthday girl's mom.Here is Samantha Jane modeling her hat! We are going to have to teach her a few things about modeling, like standing still for example, haha!
This picture was borrowed too :)

Let me know if you want one!

2 comments:

Allison said...

are giving away cute babies or hats...I want both

Caleb, Sara and Sammy J said...

I had Samantha Jane wear her hat when she went to the Discovery Center with Mom. She said a lot of people commented & she will tell them where it came from if you are interested in some advertising!