Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mmmmm... Squash!

One of the thing I love most about summer is fried squash! Friday Allison brought me some from Kathey and John David's garden. I finally had time tonight to fry it up... Here's the result:

Of course by the time I got done frying it all, Chris and I had eaten about half. I also made some chicken and green beans, because what's a meal without a meat (according to Jade at least!). And I wasn't really hungry for dinner anymore!!

The only down side to fried squash is the clean up; the after:

Luckily I have a great husband who usually does the dishes, especially if I cook! I am definitely looking forward to many more meals of fried squash this summer!

3 comments:

Allison said...

i just licked the screen...I'm up for my midnight snack:)

Randy Saint Eagle said...

It's not nice to show pictures when I wasn't invited.

Christa said...

You are going to have to show me how to cook fried squash! That looks so good!