Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 26, 2011

4 Months!

{Once again this post is really spaced out... Grrr Blogger!}



Brynne is 4 months old today! I can't believe it!







We went to the doctor on Tuesday for her 4 month check-up and shots :( This was our first visit to her new doctor here in Minnesota and Chris and I both liked him pretty well! Brynne wasn't much of a fan... Could be because she needed a nap badly! She weighed 16 pounds 8 ounces and was 25 1/2 inches long! Basically she's huge, but we already knew that!! The mean old nurses gave her both shots at the same time! By this time she was tired AND hungry so you can imagine how she took it!!







Her cute (and very large) legs with her Charlie Brown Bandaids.











Brynne still continues to be a morning person! She is SO happy in the morning, if she wakes up before it's time to get up she will just lay in her bed and jabber (really loud I might add). Sometimes she will talk herself back to sleep, other times she just talks until it's time to get up. This smiling face is what I'm greeted with every morning!! She looks like she could just jump right out of the bed with excitement!








She had to remind us this month how hot natured she is... I had been putting her in sleepers, because Hello, we ARE in Minnesota where it's cold! But she started waking up earlier in the night and sometimes more often, that's when I realized when I was picking her up she was pretty hot (not fever hot though). So we went back to onesies and socks for bedtime and she went right back to her normal sleep! Crazy!






This is her today... I thought she looked so cute! (just like she does every other day :) ) We spend a lot of time playing on this quilt a lady I work with made for her, it's the perfect size! I lay her is the middle with toys ALL around her in hopes she may decide to roll over and get one... Not happening any time soon! She is pretty content just laying there!! She has rolled to her side a few times but that's it. She does manage to get some of the toys but scooting on her back! She is very good at that.






We have been working a lot more on tummy time too! She is still not the biggest fan of it, but I have learned to trick her into it!! I usually start her out on her tummy on the boppy, then I pull the boppy out from under her and she doesn't mind it for quite a while. She will also do it if the TV is on. Chris was watching the news one night and I thought she was going to break her back trying to look up high enough to see it!






Although it's blurry, I thought this picture was too cute not to post! She started leaning as soon as I snapped.






The biggest problem with tummy time is that she likes to put her arms down beside her and "fly" instead of prop herself up, which would make it a little easier. I can put them back under her time after time after time and she will just keep putting them down! Stubborn girl!






I see this face a lot... It's her "I want to chew on someting face!" She chews on her hands/fingers ALL day and still sucks her thumb. I have tried giving her different things to chew on (because I expect that to start hurting once she gets teeth) but she would rather have her hands!! I rarely ever give her a pacifier, sometimes during church or if we go out to eat.






She is really trying to sit up a lot now. If I lay her on my lap she immediately starts trying to pull up and sit! Unfortunately her legs get stuck pretty easily in the Bumbo, so I don't put her in it very much. She does pretty well in the boppy (for a 4 month old... that isn't Colin :) ).






I was trying to get her to sit still for just a minute and this is what she kept doing... She was throwing her arms back and using her legs to scootch (is that a word?!?) herself down. It was funny!






Me and my girl :)




No comments: