Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 26, 2012

21 Months and an Early Christmas!

Brynne is 21 months old today!! She seems so much older than she did at 18 months! Granny and Grandaddy got her a chair for Christmas. Since we will be in TN for Christmas and I have had the chair for a month or longer, I went ahead and gave it to her today while we were video chatting with Granny. She was SO excited about it!! It makes me excited for Christmas (even though I haven't gotten her anything yet)!

PA258435
Brynne was sick a few weeks ago and when I took her to the doctor she was 30 lbs 4-5 oz and 34 inches. I took her this Monday for an incredibly annoying, only at night cough and she was 30 lbs 12 oz. We didn't do length because she HATES being weighed and measured, so we just used the one from the time before!

PA268439


PA268440
 
I just moved her up to size six diapers this week! Six is as big as they go, so if she outgrows these we'll have to either potty train or move to Depends, haha!

PA268443

 
PA268448
 
Her vocabulary has really taken off too. At 18 months she was barely saying ten words, now she's got 50+! Now we just have to work on pronunciation because even I have a hard time figuring out what she's trying to say sometimes! Other people probably wouldn't be able to understand even half of those!

PA268449


PA268454

Brynne still LOOOOOVES books, but she has finally started to like coloring! I contribute it to Sunday School, we have been in the 2-K class for quite sometime and we usually have a coloring sheet at some point. There is another little girl in the class that is 2.5, but she and Brynne are the exact same size (ha!) and Brynne saw her coloring and started doing it too!

PA268458
 
She is also learning shapes and puzzles. She has a shape sorter and I can tell her which shape to get (heart, circle, square, triangle, cross, star) and will usually put it in the correct spot. With puzzles she will put the piece on the right spot, but not necessarily turn it so that it will fit in the spot. I know she can do it, but if she thinks you are trying to teach her something, she doesn't want to do it! I remember someone else that was the EXACT same way.... JADE!!
 
{One small problem with the chair :)}
 
PA268463

 She has started telling us every time she poops! I am NOT ready for potty training!! Unless something crazy happens, I don't plan on even thinking about it until we get back after Christmas at the earliest.
 
PA268465

I can't believe in three months we will have a two year old!!!

No comments: