Brynne is 5 months old today! Where is the time going?!?

She weighed 18 lbs 11 oz on Wednesday when I took her to the doctor. She has picked up her first cold from where else but church! :( She has done very well with it though and is still a pretty happy girl. Currently she is in her jumperoo laughing at me. I have to suck her nose out several times a day, but she keeps her head perfectly still for me. I don't have an official length, but she is 26 1/4 inches according to my measurement.

We started giving Brynne a little rice cereal this month. She did well the first couple of times, but then decided she wasn't interested! We took a day or two off and tried again, but now with a little applesauce mixed in. Now I am giving it to her before I nurse instead of after as suggested. She eats all of her cereal and still nurses great!

Brynne finally learned how to roll over this month!! She rolled over one time from her belly to her back on the 14th, but I'm pretty sure it was an accident because she hasn't done it since. Then on the 18th she rolled from her back to her belly over and over and over and... She was a pro from the first time! Now I spend my days rolling her back over because she doesn't like being on her belly very long.

Last night we caught her doing this:

I have a feeling it wont be long before she is up on her hands and knees!
I think this is the sweetest picture...

Such a happy girl most of the time!

She is fully into the "gleeful screaming" (term from Aunt Allison) and has been for quite some time! I think it is music to my ears :) Brynne is pretty much always "talking," here she is mid "scream"!

It had been a while since Brynne wore her bloomers from Sis (my Aunt Cathy) so I thought I would get some pictures... I almost waited too late! Her little legs are going to have to slim down a bit if she is going to be able to wear them many more times. I think the elastic was stretched to it's limit :)

I also wanted to get a few pics of her in her new hair bow, thanks Granny! Apparently they are a southern thing because I can't find any here!! I have seen some of the flowers, but no bows. Granny has had to come to the rescue on more than one occasion!

This time next week Brynne and I will be in Tennessee and I couldn't be more excited (I'm sure if Brynne knew what was coming she'd be excited too)! I'm hoping we get lots of visiting in, but also have some down time. I also hope she does well on the plane. She did wonderful at 2 months, but she is a LOT more active now, it's not as easy to get her to sleep in my lap and I will be by myself!
She weighed 18 lbs 11 oz on Wednesday when I took her to the doctor. She has picked up her first cold from where else but church! :( She has done very well with it though and is still a pretty happy girl. Currently she is in her jumperoo laughing at me. I have to suck her nose out several times a day, but she keeps her head perfectly still for me. I don't have an official length, but she is 26 1/4 inches according to my measurement.

We started giving Brynne a little rice cereal this month. She did well the first couple of times, but then decided she wasn't interested! We took a day or two off and tried again, but now with a little applesauce mixed in. Now I am giving it to her before I nurse instead of after as suggested. She eats all of her cereal and still nurses great!
Brynne finally learned how to roll over this month!! She rolled over one time from her belly to her back on the 14th, but I'm pretty sure it was an accident because she hasn't done it since. Then on the 18th she rolled from her back to her belly over and over and over and... She was a pro from the first time! Now I spend my days rolling her back over because she doesn't like being on her belly very long.
Last night we caught her doing this:
I have a feeling it wont be long before she is up on her hands and knees!
I think this is the sweetest picture...
Such a happy girl most of the time!
She is fully into the "gleeful screaming" (term from Aunt Allison) and has been for quite some time! I think it is music to my ears :) Brynne is pretty much always "talking," here she is mid "scream"!
It had been a while since Brynne wore her bloomers from Sis (my Aunt Cathy) so I thought I would get some pictures... I almost waited too late! Her little legs are going to have to slim down a bit if she is going to be able to wear them many more times. I think the elastic was stretched to it's limit :)
I also wanted to get a few pics of her in her new hair bow, thanks Granny! Apparently they are a southern thing because I can't find any here!! I have seen some of the flowers, but no bows. Granny has had to come to the rescue on more than one occasion!
This time next week Brynne and I will be in Tennessee and I couldn't be more excited (I'm sure if Brynne knew what was coming she'd be excited too)! I'm hoping we get lots of visiting in, but also have some down time. I also hope she does well on the plane. She did wonderful at 2 months, but she is a LOT more active now, it's not as easy to get her to sleep in my lap and I will be by myself!

No comments:
Post a Comment